Sign up for gleaning and get your hands a little dirty.
This has been a year of shifting and changing to better serve those in need in our community, but also to make the After the Harvest volunteer experience the best it can be. Check out what’s new re: masking and more:
- In line with the latest CDC guidelines for mask wearing, After the Harvest will not require volunteers to wear masks while gleaning in large, outdoor areas.
- We may require a mask if specific gleanings dictate additional precaution or at the host farm’s discretion, in order to insure our growers’ safety and comfort.
- Masks will still be required for volunteers in indoor gleanings (in green houses and the like), and in close quarters while packing and delivering.
- Volunteers are asked to maintain at least a six-foot distance from those outside of their household for the duration of the gleaning.
- Gleaners will be notified of any mask requirement in advance of their gleaning.
- Masks are required by volunteers taking part in ATH public events (including farmers markets).
Rise and shine and bring your family and friends, corporate co-workers and congregations, groups and organizations to glean (harvest what’s left over) with After the Harvest. Together, you’ll rescue fruits and vegetables from farms, orchards and gardens. Then, we deliver the produce fresh from the field—you can help do that too if you can!—to pantries, kitchens and shelters feeding our hungry neighbors.
With morning weekday and some weekend gleaning events, from May through November—sometimes earlier and sometimes later depending on the weather and growing season—you’re sure to find a fit. All are welcome, including children of any age, who get to see how our food grows and where it comes from.
Please note: Gleanings are within 30-45 minutes of downtown Kansas City. We’ll contact you the week of your gleaning (sometimes up to the day before) with where and what you’ll be harvesting, based on what our growers tell us is available.
Click to watch and learn more about gleaning
It's as easy as signing up below.
- Check the tabs on the Volunteer Calendar below for everything you need to know about gleaning and sign-up. Scroll to May through November.
- Sign up for Gleaning and News Alerts for pop-up gleanings and other ways to help.
- If you’re with a company, take a look at our corporate gleaning options.
Contact us at 816-921-1903 or email@example.com
DIG DEEPER INTO OTHER WAYS TO HELP.
Gleaning can be habit-forming. Feel free to take it a step further and become more deeply involved in our produce rescue efforts.
VOLUNTEER WITH AFTER THE HARVEST.
Sign up by clicking on scheduled gleaning dates, generally from May through November. Sign up for 2021 starting February 19.
Scroll down for more gleaning information.
“Gleaning for After the Harvest has been such an invaluable learning experience for our whole family. It feeds the soul to nourish the hungry with fresh local food. I love introducing my children to these local farmers that grow healthy food. The true reward is to bring this food to pantries the very same day to provide a nourishing meal for those in need.”
—Jennifer, After the Harvest volunteer