This blog is about an event that is important to us because it helps us get more food to people in need. You are all invited to the Harvest Happy Hour at Grace and Holy Trinity Founder’s Hall, Oct. 23 from 5-6:30 p.m. to celebrate our new beginning as After The Harvest, to raise awareness of what we do, and to raise money for food in the winter months when we cannot glean.
During the frozen months of December through March, we bring in semi-truckloads of potatoes every week from Wisconsin and truckloads of other produce from southern states where food can be grown year-round. The food is donated, but we have to pay the freight and packaging to get it here. This costs about $5,000 per load.
Please help us continue to bring food to people in need, by attending our Happy Hour fundraiser. For more information, go to http://aftertheharvestkc.org/event/harvest-happy-hour/?instance_id=239
To reserve your place, e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, 9/16: Kingsville, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Tomatoes
- Wednesday, 9/17: KCK, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Various veggies
- Wednesday, 9/17, KCK, 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Apples
- Thursday, 9/18, KCK, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Apples – Need 2 field supervisors to help me
- Friday, 9/19, Independence, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Apples
- Friday, 9/19, KCK, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Apples
- Saturday, 9/20, KCK, Various veg
- Saturday, 9/20, Lawson, MO, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Apples
- Wednesday, 9/24, KCK, 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Apples – need lots of gleaners for this event
Can’t help this week? PLEASE forward to friends, co-workers, family.
Would you like to lead any gleanings? Call me, I need you!
Want to glean on a date not listed? Call me and I will make it happen.
SAVE THE DATE: October 23, 5 p.m.- 6:30 p.m. After the Harvest Fundraiser….. please come!
CALL or TEXT Karin Page at 816-853-4460 if you can help in any way. Thanks so very much!!!
LOVE TO YOU ALL!
Please LIKE us, REVIEW us, INVITE your friends, post comments on our facebook page. We have 873 likes, please help make it 1,000! . https://www.facebook.com/AftertheHarvestKC
If you can’t glean but would like to support us, please donate at http://aftertheharvestkc.org/get-involved/donate/
Karin Page, Program Director (c) 816-853-4460 (o) 816-921-1903 email@example.com
Lisa Ousley, Executive Director (c) 816-678-6991 (o) 816-921-1903 firstname.lastname@example.org