GROWING PARTICIPATION, AWARENESS AND SUPPORT.
Addressing a community need requires a community effort. After the Harvest events are a great way to engage, learn about food waste, sign up volunteers, build awareness, take part in training or enjoy an evening out. Whether you have a favorite event or just want to do more to enjoy the friendship of others who share your passion for providing healthy food for hungry people, come join us.
To sign up for specific gleanings and market pick-ups from May through November, go to our Volunteer Calendar on the Gleaning Sign-up page.
– Please Register for the event.
– We will be set up south of the tennis courts at Loose Park in KCMO
– The Earth Day event begins at 7 p.m., the screening will begin at 8:15 pm.
– This event is BYOP (Bring Your Own Picnic!).
– Compost Collective KC will provide on-site composting buckets to transform your food scraps into nutrient-dense compost that will help grow nutritious food for you and your community!
– Please refrain from bringing alcoholic beverages, as they are prohibited on public property- KC Ordinance 39,390 (Sec. 26.25).
– We ask that you follow social distancing guidelines and have a mask on deck!
– Blankets, lawn chairs, pouch couches and hammocks are all encouraged.
Premier Integrative Health is a unique medical practice that uses Integrative and Functional medicine to get to the root cause of our patient’s concerns. We focus on the prevention and reversal of disease as opposed to managing symptoms. Our team of doctors, health coaches and dietitians address all aspects of health including nutrition, movement and emotional wellbeing. We create a partnership with our patients to help them achieve their health goals and live the best life they can.
This awesome organization is composed of a small group of caring citizens who want to make composting easy for you and keep food out of landfills. They’ve created a curbside compost pick-up service in the KC area to help reduce food waste & replenish the soils of our community. They are in partnership with Missouri Organic and local farms; after picking up food scraps from your home, they deliver it to these local farms where it is transformed into nutrient-dense compost that will be used to grow MORE nutritious food… and the cycle begins again!
We receive a lot of fresh, nutritious fruits and vegetables from generous farmers and need drivers like you to help us deliver them to food agencies in our community.
We’ve added several new farmers markets this year and will be picking up donated produce at the following markets: Parkville, Brookside, City Market, Overland Park, Lenexa, Merriam, Lee’s Summit, Unity Village.
We also receive calls from farmers who have already harvested extra produce and just need a driver to take it to a nearby food pantry.
Join our Produce Rescue Driver team! Please attend this training if you would like to be part of our cool crew rescuing, delivering, and getting healthy food to those who are experiencing hunger.
This training will be virtual. Please sign up here: https://bit.ly/3dFRiCN