We’re happy to work with volunteers of all ages and skill sets and have many opportunities for volunteers to help us provide healthy food to hungry people!
Other ways to help
- Gleaner – Sign up here if you don’t want to sign up for a gleaning now, but want to receive e-mail gleaning alerts and other info
- VEG Squad – The Vegetable Emergency Glean Squad. Our quick response team comes together on short notice for weekday morning produce gleanings. They share rides, friendship, fresh morning air and exercise as they rescue nutritious produce.
- Field Supervisor – Lead gleanings after training in safety and best practices.
- Driver – Transport already picked produce from the field or market.
- Office Help – Volunteers usually come in once or twice a week for four hours.
- Yambassador – Speak to groups and represent ATH at events to help spread the word.
Do you have other skills you can share with us?
- Marketing projects – Copywriting, graphic design, marketing, public relations, social media, web design/WordPress
- Operations projects – Agricultural experience, produce procurement, produce transportation logistics, process management, risk management
- Event Planning projects – Help with Greens&Jeans and other smaller events
- Fundraising projects – Research, grant writing, planning